No school district should be without legal counsel available to address the many risks inherent in operating a school.
Legal advice and counsel is a critical part of risk management by any school district. An attorney should be part of many decision-making processes from the start to minimize risk proactively. Additionally, every school district should have a trusted attorney available at any time to answer questions as they arise.
Legal Services offered by Pope Audit Group are provided by General Counsel, Scarlett Tucker, an attorney with years of risk management experience and litigation exposure.
Common legal needs Pope Audit Group can assist with include:
- Contract and Service Agreement Review
- Student Discipline Disputes
- Policy and Procedure Review
- Litigation and Settlement Negotiations
- Regulatory and Disclosure Compliance
- Employer/Employee Relations
- Recovery of Stolen Funds
- Mechanics’ Liens and Real Property Title
- Bond Issuance
- Legal Requirements for Public Fund Investment